Delicious Avocado Chocolate Cake
Want a chocolate cake that is delicious & better for you? This might just be the cake for you with butter swapped for AvoFresh.
- Serves: 16
- Skill: intermediate
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 75 min
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 80 g AvoFresh with a Hint of Lemon
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 160 g AvoFresh with a Hint of Lemon (frosting)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (frosting)
- 4 cups cocoa powder (frosting)
- 100 g dried fruit and nut mix (optional garnish)
- 2 tbsp dried coconut (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180˚c
- Grease and flour round pan
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whist together vegetable oil, avocado, water, vinegar and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Whisk sugar into wet mix.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture all at once. Beat with whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Bake for 30 to 35 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15-20 min on a cooling rack.
- For the frosting, pour AvoFresh into a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder to AvoFresh. Mix well until creamy and combined.
- Frost cake. Let cake sit for a few hours before serving, allowing time for flavours to blend.
- Finally, garnish to your liking with dried fruit, nuts and coconut