Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla
- Serves: 4
- Skill: intermediate
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- 1 Red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 Green capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 400 g Black beans, rinsed, drained
- 400 g BBQ chicken, shredded
- 10 soft tortillas
- 1 Tub of AvoFresh 'Hint of Lemon' or AvoFresh Guacamole
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- HEAT oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- ADD peppers and beans and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- LAY 5 tortillas on a clean surface.
- LAYER each tortilla with chicken and vegetable mixture and top with the cheese.
- TOP with the remaining tortillas.
- HEAT 1 tsp of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- PLACE a quesadilla in the pan and press down firmly. Cook for about 1 minute or until golden.
- BRUSH top side with oil, then carefully turn over and cook for 1 minute.
- TRANSFER to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat for remaining quesadillas. Cut into quarters.
- ADD 2 tablespoons of AvoFresh to each quesadilla before serving.